And Maybe Never Wondered About, but Oh Well…
I was tagged in this craze by the very talented Kay Bolden, so I’m assuming there’s at least one person out there interested in learning a little more about me. So here are ten things that will tell you a bit. Most of the photographs, for better or worse, were taken by me.
- There are books in almost every room of my home.
The dining room is also my crafting room. The bookcase here is filled with cookbooks and craft books. That’s Dolly lurking beside the ironing board.
I keep the children’s books in the dining room for when my grandson visits. I wrote a story about that duck.
2. I am the youngest of seven children, but because they were all much older than me, I grew up like an only child. My mother was 42 when I was born on her birthday. Three of my sisters and one brother have passed away, as have my mother and father.
3. I’ve never lived further than 40 miles from McKinney, Texas — the place I was born.
4. I love shopping at antique, junk, and thrift stores.
5. My fiance and I own more than 30 IKEA badgers. (We love IKEA)
Sometimes we dress the badgers in holiday apparel.
6. My favorite authors are Stephen King, Neil Gaiman, Robert McCammon, and David Sedaris.
If I’m in a dark mood my writing takes a twisted turn to horror.
I love David Sedaris, and you can probably see his influence in my humorous essays. I go to hear him perform his work every time he’s in the Dallas/Fort Worth area and I have all his books, four of them are signed by him.
7. I have a Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry (I thought I wanted to go to medical school). When I was 45 I went back to school to earn a graduate degree. It took me five years working full time and going to classes part time to earn my Masters degree in Taxation. I worked my way through graduate school delivering pizzas part time in addition to my 40 hour a week full time job.
8. I bought a bicycle when I was 52, and started riding again after almost 30 years.
I’m just posing here, I do ride with a helmet.
9. I got divorced after 25 years of marriage. When I started dating again I signed up for OK Cupid and gave online dating a try.
I only met one person and had one date through OK Cupid.
10. I’m getting married in October to that one date I met six years ago on OK Cupid.
I’ll keep the thread going by tagging a few folks here, if you’ve already been tagged you can blissfully ignore this one, but I hope you’ll play. And if I haven’t tagged you please join in with your list of ten things and tag me, I’d love to read them.
KD Murray S Lynn Knight ~ 🇺🇸🏳️🌈 Karen Booth Nupoor Raj Sam H Arnold Paul S Markle kurt gasbarra James Finn Terijo Teresa Colón J. Brandon Lowry Louise Foerster K.C. Knouse R. Nash Ronald C. Flores-Gunkle